As to why Italians Think I’m Weird
The intermingling of people from different cultures is bound to result in some raised eyebrows. Italians do some things that seem strange to me real canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale . and it works the other way around as well. Here are ten reasons why Italians think I’m weird.
1. I eat potato skins and the skins of fruits (apples. pears. etc. ) Seriously. I’ve been met with horror-struck stares as I bring a forkful of with-skin potatoes to my mouth. spurring the starer to blurt out “It still has the skin on, cheap grey goose canada jackets . ” to try and save me from culinary disaster. It’s called fiber canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale , canada goose victoria large black online store . people.
2. I eat risotto and pasta with a spoon instead of with a fork canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale online .
3. I don’t like or drink coffee. I’ve yet to meet an Italian who isn’t shocked by this revelation. Once in Salerno when I declined a coffee after dinner. my host’s sister remarked. “Tu non prendi caffè. ” Questo è grave. ” (You don’t drink coffee. This is serious. )
4. I like to walk around the house in just my socks. instead of wearing house shoes too. This comes from growing up in houses with rugs. I haven’t yet seen a carpet grace the floors of an Italian apartment.
5. I never saw the movie Rocky until I came to Italy. They’re crazy about him here canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale .
6. I tend to forget and refer to black tea where to buy canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale . green tea canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale . raspberry tea. fennel seed tea. etc canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale inexpensive . all with the name té (tea. ) People adamantly correct me. since herbal teas have another name (tisana) and the two cannot be (gasp. ) lumped into the same group.
7, snowboarding in a canada goose on sale . I’ve asked people for their sauce recipe after eating a tasty tomato sauce with pasta. This resulted in a combination of pitying looks mixed with poorly-disguised laughter. “There is no recipe. ” they insist. but what they’re really thinking is. “this poor foreigner needs a road map in order to throw together oil canada goose citadel xs store . garlic. tomatoes canada goose winter coats hamilton ontario outlet online . and basil canada goose trillium parka discount online store . ” Apparently Italian babies are born with red sauce making knowledge running through their veins.
8 canada goose clothing sale outlet online . Sometimes I cook pasta or eat dinner leftovers for breakfast canada goose nederland heli arctic parka for sale .
9. I usually just drink water (also see #3. )
10. I want to live in Italy.